Summer is in full effect and with it comes the heat! The CDC has some great tips to help us get through this safely.
- Stay in an air-conditioned indoor location as much as possible.
- Drink plenty of fluids even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing and sunscreen.
- Schedule outdoor activities carefully.
- Pace yourself.
- Take cool showers or baths to cool down.
- Check on a friend or neighbor and have someone do the same for you.
- Do not leave children or pets in cars.
- Check the local news for health and safety updates.
It’s no accident that air conditioning is at the top of the list. It is the number one line of defense against the heat. By all means get outside and enjoy the season, but make sure you have a safe place to retreat to when it gets too hot.
Keeping the AC in your home in good working order is more than a matter of comfort, it’s about safety!